Hello Everyone, Lets get something started here,I would like to get
info, On How others catch there Big Browns, Very Happy , What to use at
differnt times of the year, Diffent weather condictions, Ect. Lets teach eachother new thing, I know I could learn new thing, Very Happy

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Not many people post on here it seems.. too bad Sad

Anyway, when I am walking streams here in western New York and central New York, I have noticed that on the small to medium sized streams, the bigger holes consistently hold larger Trout. (duh) My best fish out of such holes usually come from deeply fished nymph flies drifted right near structure (which may result in occasionally irretrievable snags, unfortunately) I place confidence in flies that best match the aquatic stage of the most prevalent insects on whatever stream. The nice thing about nymphing like this is that the adult duns do not have to be hatching, because these insects spend a good year or more in that stage before emerging.

Also, when I am fishing pocket water, it is interesting to note that the size of the trout is usually proportional to the size of the rock that is sits and waits behind! Smile Bigger rock=bigger pocket= bigger Trout.

Posted Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:18 pm

VT Fish Finder

Social Links